In the financial year 2020–21, you requested 4 (X-rays) lumbosacral X-rays and 22 (CT scans) lumbosacral CT scans for your patients.
My data do not look as I’d expect, why could this be?
Data represents lumbosacral X-rays and CT scans that you requested and that were performed. If your numbers are lower than you expect, it may be:
- You are requesting lumbosacral images, but your patients are not having them performed.
If your numbers are higher than you expect, it may be:
- You requested lumbosacral images before the financial year 2020–21, but your patients had them performed during the financial year 2020–21.
Help me reflect on my data
- What approach do you take when deciding whether to refer a patient with low back pain for imaging?
- Of my patients who received a lumbosacral image, how many had one or more red flags that made me suspect a potentially serious spinal pathology?
- How do you discuss the harms of imaging with your patients/ carers?