NPS MedicineWise is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health through the Quality Use of Diagnostics, Therapeutics and Pathology Program to improve the way medicines and medical tests are prescribed and used (QUM grant).
This program aims to improve the diagnosis and management of adults and children with asthma in Australian primary care and to improve health literacy as it relates to asthma management. Furthermore, the program aims to reduce misuse of medicines and other health technologies as relates to asthma management and deliver PBS savings. NPS MedicineWise has worked with Asthma Australia and National Asthma Council to develop this program.
Health professional resources on asthma
- Program landing page:
- Paediatric component: Asthma and children: diagnosis and treatment
- Adult and adolescent component: Asthma in adults and adolescents: what’s new for mild asthma management?
- Educational visits for GPs (CPD accredited: RACGP, ACRRM)
- Audit and feedback
- Webinar – on-demand recording available (CPD accredited*)
- Online clinical case study (CPD accredited: RACGP, ACRRM)
- Online learning module (CPD accredited: APC)
- Related publications
* Note: CPD accreditation is only available for webinars attended live. Viewing of the webinar recording can be self-recorded as CPD.