There are many safe and effective treatments for rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis, including biologics and other specialised medicines. Use the latest evidence to help you make decisions about your treatments in partnership with your rheumatologist.
The above resources are available in Arabic, simplified Chinese (Mandarin) and Vietnamese.
Living with Arthritis – Australians talk about their treatment journeys
Hear the stories of people living with inflammatory arthritis.
Living with rheumatoid arthritis: Suzanne’s story
Treating inflammatory arthritis
- Understanding biosimilars
If you use a biological medicine to treat or keep a chronic condition under control, then you may have heard your doctor mention a group of medicines called biosimilars. Read on to learn more
- Biological medicines and COVID-19 FAQs
Biological medicines are being studied for their effectiveness and safety as a treatment for COVID-19. Here’s what we know so far.
The MedicineWise app is a free health and medicines management app. Features have been developed to support people with inflammatory arthritis, including a dose tracker to manage complex dosing or stepping up or stepping down of medicines. The MedicineWise app can:
- keep track of your medicines and remind you when your medicine doses and appointments are due
- store your information such as your health conditions and allergies
- allow you to share your health information with your health professionals and people who may be caring for you
- provide you with trusted, relevant and up-to-date information relating to your medicines and your health conditions
Practical support for newly diagnosed patients
Helping consumers and health professionals make safe and wise therapeutic decisions about biological disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (bDMARDs) and other specialised medicines. Funded by the Australian Government Department of Health through the Value in Prescribing bDMARDs Program Grant.