Living with pain can be challenging. Finding the best possible management can also be challenging – because everyone experiences pain in a unique way. Hear more about the experiences of people living with pain and of healthcare professionals involved in pain management in the video series, Asking painful questions.
The 'Asking painful questions' video series was developed with funding from the Therapeutic Goods Administration, Australian Government Department of Health.
NPS MedicineWise also has information, education and resources on opioids and chronic non-cancer pain for health professionals
Yarning about managing pain
Two Aboriginal men living with pain, a pharmacist and a GP talk about their experiences with chronic non-cancer pain, opioids, non-medicines approaches and pain services.
This video has been developed by NPS MedicineWise and National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO), in consultation with Consumers Health Forum of Australia (CHF).
Where else can I find information and support?
- If you need help to manage your pain better contact your GP or other health professional, or see www.healthdirect.gov.au for further telephone health services and health information.
- Painaustralia has general information and pain services and programs throughout Australia.
- Australian Pain Management Association (APMA) has general information, pain support groups and Pain Link Helpline 1300 340 357.
- ACI NSW Pain Management Network has general information, resources and tools, and pain clinics in NSW.
- Chronic Pain Australia has general information about chronic pain.