PBS/MBS Practice Reviews
Individual GP data for dispensing of PBS medicines or ordering of MBS tests related to a specific clinical area
Our PBS and MBS Practice Reviews are regularly mailed to Australian GPs. Each report focuses on prescribing or test ordering for a specific clinical area and is designed to support professional development and quality improvement.
Each report includes:
- background information around the clinical area of focus
- individual GP dispensing data for PBS medicines or utilisation of MBS tests, including how this has changed over time
- aggregate data of GPs working in similar practices across Australia for comparison
- evidence-based points for reflection
- additional insights from the MedicineInsight general practice database to help interpret individual data in the context of their own clinical practice.
- other medical practitioners
Distributed at no cost
- Some Practice Reviews are accredited for 2 points (CPD Activity) under the RACGP CPD Program for the 2020–2022 triennium.
View sample Practice Reviews for the following:
- Opioids prescribing in chronic non-cancer pain
- Low back pain: communication is key
- Revisiting treatment options: Neuropathic pain
- GORD: Stepping down PPIs
- Managing lipids: statins revisited
- Thyroid disorders: when and what to test
- Paediatric ashthma: diagnosis and treatment
- Revisiting pregabalin: Optimising safety in prescribing for neuropathic pain
- Headache: when is imaging indicated?